Bilingual Content Writer
Who is SEO TWIST?
We are digital marketing warriors! We’re a strategic, creative, and results-focused agency, working together to solve problems for our clients across a wide variety of industries.
Who are you?
You’re a wizard with words, crafting communicative content that conveys clear ideas. You get excited by the prospect of a blank page. Basically? You’re an awesome writer, equally at home working in the Queen’s English and en français, with a native proficiency in French. You’re an amazing communicator, written and verbal alike, and you have no trouble adapting your tone and style to reach a variety of audiences throughout multiple industries. You understand the ins and outs of using written content to market ideas to interested audiences, and love a good challenge.
As a Bilingual Content Writer with SEO TWIST, you will be responsible writing and editing a variety of content assets for use in a full range of media, though primarily for use on the web and digital channels. You take our clients’ stories and tell them masterfully. Reporting to the Content Team Lead, you will regularly research topics before developing in-depth, search engine-optimized web content, coordinate the publication of content, and collaborate with team members to ensure content assets support the overall strategic direction of each campaign and marketing initiative. You will also be asked to translate content assets on tight deadlines and provide your insight to ensure we always deliver the best results.
We are looking for the extraordinary! The successful candidate will…
- Have the mindset of a warrior with a “there is no plan B” mentality, willing to go the extra mile as part of our team.
- Lead by example, working with a positive, can-do attitude—you make things happen and get $#!t done!
- Put their creative skills and passion for amazing written content to work for our clients, helping translate their vision and goals into content assets that support marketing strategies.
- Communicate with impeccable accuracy and effectiveness, working diligently to support team members and colleagues.
- Seamlessly adapt their written voice and tone to suit a variety of clients, topics, and subjects.
- Coordinate bloggers and maintain the quality of submissions.
- Contribute ideas and opinions that help SEO TWIST move the needle on a client’s business.
- Assist in the development, review, and update of all marketing materials (print and digital), ensuring branding guidelines are respected at every level.
As a highly skilled Bilingual Content Writer, you will:
- Maintain impeccable standards for written content to ensure high-quality, error-free assets are delivered on time.
- Take your writing seriously, understanding the role of giving and receiving constructive feedback on your work.
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines, managing internal timelines without compromising creative vision.
- Constantly strive to stay ahead of the curve, becoming an expert of your craft by constantly expanding on your skills and knowledge.
- Work in conjunction with the Content Team and other departments to ensure all project objectives are met and exceeded.
- Help develop internal documentation and operations procedures to maintain consistent quality on all digital marketing projects.
- Translate and transliterate documents and content assets.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Professional native fluency in French, both written and spoken; full professionalism bilingualism in English.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing, advertising, or equivalent experience and education.
- A minimum of one year of experience working in a fast-paced creative or agency environment.
- Exceptional writing skills and a demonstrated ability to craft compelling content.
- Strong proficiency in substantive editing and adapting content across various channels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to adapt and adjust content to maintain consistency with branding, theme, style, and tone.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and assignments under tight deadlines.
- Strong self-manager, with an impeccable eye for detail and accuracy.
- Career-minded, with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Proficiency in MS Office and WordPress.
Other Assets and Information
Job Type: Part-time, leading to full-time opportunity.
Where? 110 Clarence St. in the ByWard Market, Ottawa, ON
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package, including life insurance, disability, health, dental, and more.