Part Time Bilingual Content Writer
We are looking for a part-time Bilingual Web Content Writer to join our growing team, leading to full-time opportunity. If you have a passion for writing and editing compelling, engaging content, then this position is for you. In addition to exceptional written and verbal communication skills, the ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of the Internet and marketing strategies, can write in a variety of styles for a wide range of industries, and is fully bilingual with a native proficiency in French.
Your main objective is to strategize, develop, and optimize content across multiple channels and platforms, all designed to help grow our clients’ businesses.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the content writer will become an integral member of our marketing communications team with unlimited opportunity for growth within our organization. Our goal is to serve our high-end clients and deliver quality, attractive, and professional content.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Write and edit content for a variety of media (primarily digital).
- Coordinate publication of content in web-based publications.
- Research trends, markets, topics, and content ideas in a variety of industries.
- Create, manage, and edit search engine-optimized blog and website content.
- Create and manage editorial calendars for a variety of client needs.
- Write and distribute press releases, newsletters, articles, and guest posts.
- Monitor web and content trends and provide recommendations as needed.
- Collaborate with senior managers in the creation of marketing recommendations.
- Coordinate bloggers and oversee quality assurance of submissions.
- Provide initiative and leadership, and monitor work scope against all variables.
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional native fluency in French, both written and spoken; full professional bilingualism in English.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing, advertising, or business.
- 1-year experience working in a fast-paced creative or agency environment.
- Exceptional writing skills and demonstrated ability in crafting compelling content.
- Strong proficiency in writing, editing, and adapting content across various channels.
- Ability to adjust content to remain consistent with brand, theme, style, and tone.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competency in managing multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
- Strong self-manager with impeccable attention to accuracy and detail.
- Competence in managing priorities while working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional and enthusiastic while contacting clients, suppliers, and internal teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Career-minded, with a proven work ethic and a positive mental attitude.
- Strong computer skills, and strong proficiency with MS Office and WordPress.
- 2 years’ experience in a writing, communications, or marketing field.
- Existing portfolio of professional writing samples and references is essential.
- Experience in, or strong understanding of, search engine optimization (SEO).
Benefits and Remuneration
This is a part-time job starting immediately. We offer above-industry salary with competitive bonuses. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects with major clients, a great culture, and an awesome team, all within a central office location in the Byward Market.
The applicant must have strong content development experience and should demonstrate this in their cover letter. Email your cover letter and resume, along with 2 to 3 samples of your work, to [email protected] with “Bilingual Content Writer” in the subject line. Only applicants who meet the minimum education and experience requirements will be considered for an interview with our dynamic firm.
If you think you got what it takes, apply today!