Position Available: Analyst for Pay-Per-Click (PPC/SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Position Type: Full-time
Location: ByWard Market, Ottawa
Are you a self-motivated, driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about being part of a growing company that is at the leading edge of digital marketing media?
To succeed in this role you should be energetic, motivated, and achievement-oriented. You can work independently or as a member of cross-functional teams. You are disciplined with an astute business sense, superior communication skills and with a strong orientation towards customer satisfaction. You are able to effectively present your ideas to senior management with a strong ability to think conceptually and strategically and to develop and/or leverage partnering relationships.
- Passion for PPC/SEM/SEO and Internet marketing
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points and communicate with clients
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
Professional Skills & Qualifications
Candidates must have 3-5 years of experience in online marketing performing hands-on SEO & SEM activities, including but not limited to:
- Identification and analysis of metrics, keyword research and ranking analysis, competitive market analysis, keyword friendly copywriting, and website analysis implementing of search best practices
- Oversee development of PPC (AdWords, Bing, Facebook) Campaign Strategies:
- Develop and execute advertising campaigns aligned with client strategy and business objectives
- Day to day optimization for bid strategies, quality score and ad position
- Implement and manage all aspects of paid placement, including desktop, mobile and video
- Cost-per-lead and cost-per-sale optimization with a strong focus on conversion metrics to drive increased campaign ROI
- Compile and report on campaign effectiveness to upper management, including competitive landscape, KPIs, and recommendations on opportunities for growth
- Understand of the importance of social content, social triggers and socialization of content and brands
- Understand the importance of content for Organic search
- Have strong organic search capabilities and knowledge
- Effectively manage multiple campaigns by developing and managing timelines, schedules and client budgets
- Continuous optimization of SEO & SEM tactics based on reporting and results
Experienced applicants only – a test will be administered.
Minimum of 3 Google AdWords certifications is required
Experience with WordPress optimization is also a plus.