What You Need to Know About Facebook Ad Management… And Why You Should Start Using It Now!
Facebook is used worldwide by almost 2 billion people, and that number is growing. Advertising through Facebook is, therefore, a smart digital marketing strategy.
Have you started using Facebook ad management? If not, then get on it!
It’s incredibly easy to reach your target audience with help from Facebook’s advertising platform. But if you need a bit of help determining how to tailor your ads, don’t worry. We’re here to offer a bit of help on the basics of Facebook ad management!
Why Should I Advertise on Facebook?
Your audience is on Facebook! Like we said earlier, Facebook’s got nearly 2 billion users worldwide, and it continues to grow. Their market share is by far the greatest of any social media platform, and there’s serious advertising potential there.
And what’s more, it’s cheap to access those billions of users. In fact, Facebook saw a 50% rise in advertisers from 2015 to 2016 alone.
If that’s not enough, Facebook ad management can help you hone in on your target demographic. For example, looking to market to newlyweds? Because Facebook has people posting these life updates and events, it’s incredibly easy to precisely target these audiences.
So now that you know the why, it’s time to look at how you can get it done.
What Sort of Ads Do You Need?
You’re sort of spoiled for choice when it comes to ad types. Facebook’s got several for you to choose from, but what you go for will depend, in part, on your goals for your ad campaign. Those goals are incredibly important!
Knowing what you want out of your ad campaign will help you choose a direction and create a plan, but it’s also the first step in creating an ad on Facebook.
Setting your objective will determine the sort of ad you’ll need:
Push Traffic to And Create Leads For Your Website
Looking to send users to your website and generate new leads? Boost your reach with theses ad types:
- Domain Ad—simple and low-cost with a title, short description, and a URL. These ads show up on the right column of a user’s Facebook homepage, but they’re not mobile-friendly.
- Page Post Link—common and successful, these ads pop up on Newsfeeds as a post with a large image, posted text, and a link description. Users can Like your page and comment on the post, which is mobile-friendly.
Sales & Leads for Your Product or Service
Maybe you’re looking to display a selection of new products in a single ad. These ads promote leads and encourage user interaction:
- Multi-Product Carousel—commonly used by e-commerce businesses to promote multiple products (up to five), with their own titles, photos, and links. Appears on Newsfeeds and is mobile-friendly.
- Dynamic Product Ads—appear on Newsfeeds, right column, and mobile. These ads target users based on past actions on your website and applications. You will need to upload your product catalogue on Facebook and make sure Facebook Pixel is installed properly on your website pages. Facebook does the rest of the work—automation and re-targeting.
- Lead Ads—appear on Newsfeeds and mobile. Get leads on Facebook by having users fill out their information, such as e-mail addresses, on the ads.
- Canvas—a mobile-only interactive ad that allows users to swipe through a carousel of images, tilt the images, and zoom in and out, without users having to leave Facebook.
Promote Posts & User Engagement
To extend your reach on Facebook and increase your page Likes, you can promote your posts with these ad types:
- Page Like—increase your page Likes by asking users in your target audience to Like your page for offers and deals. This ad appears on Newsfeeds, mobile, and the right column.
- Page Post Photo—engage your followers by posting captivating photos on your page. This will encourage comments, Likes, and the use of links in your post.
- Page Post Video—entertain and engage your audience with a short video advertisement, and re-target to specific audiences based on video-viewing behaviour.
Mobile & Desktop Apps
Mobile App Install ads encourage users to, you guessed it, download your mobile apps. Effective ad management can also encourage users to use your Facebook app. These ads are visible on Newsfeeds and the right column, but are exclusive to desktop displays.
Events & Offers
Facebook Events are a great way to encourage your target audience to come out and take part in an event that your business is involved in. Meanwhile, Offers (like coupons and discounts) encourage and incentivize users to visit your website or store and make purchases.
Review and Rethink As Necessary
Once you’ve determined your goals, chosen the ads that you need, and put them into play, it’s time to start monitoring their performance. Keep an eye on performance metrics using Facebook’s ad reports and summaries.
Are things not performing properly? Don’t worry! It’s easy to rethink and re-target your ad management strategies as needed. Maybe you haven’t set your objectives properly. That’s an easy fix, as is increasing the scale of your ads.
If you’re struggling with targeting your audience, then think big to start. Start with a broad audience, and narrow it done to your target demographic as you start to see results.
While by no means comprehensive, this should help you get started on Facebook ad management. If you get stuck, though, don’t worry—we’re here to help!